Monday, May 31, 2010

June 1st

This weekend we went camping with some of the people from our church. It was so much fun. We ate way more then was necessary but the diet comes back into effect tomorrow so its all good.
Our church is very small and very new so it was really nice to get to know the people better.
The pastors wife Colleen and I had a lot of time to hang out and that was great, Shes the kind of person you just love to be around because shes so bubbly and fun.
We went canoeing together which was excellent. Never did that before but it was a good experience. DH and I went 2 days later and of course we had a blast. We shouted out naval commands to each other ( that we learned mostly from the Hornblower Series) and laughed and talked. Unfortunately we totally forgot about sunscreen. I'm normally just about the color of printer paper and now I am the color of a lobster. Ouch.

As for crafting I have not done too much. I did create my first totally original design. A tennis shoe slipper! Its really adorable complete with a tongue and shoe laces. I'll post pics later

I finally got onto first shift at my job (hurray! I can sleep at night again!) So that cuts seriously into my crocheting time but its very much worth it.

I'm dying to get a sewing machine and start in on the world of sewing but every time I mention getting one my DH gets a panicked look and glances at my over flowing yarn bin sitting in our tiny living room. I promised to wait till we get a house to get a sewing machine and since that is at least 5 years away....sigh
I can make it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment